Hudson Yoga Project offers a teacher apprentice program for anyone interested in learning from the teacher’s on our staff. This program is great for new teachers, or teachers who are looking to further their education in a one-to-one supportive environment.
The 3-month program runs on a rolling basis and can be started throughout the year.
- Assigned mentor for length of program that offers 1-to-1 support
- 3, 60-minute in-person meeting with mentor during course of apprenticeship
- Additional private sessions with mentor offered at discounted rate
- Email support from mentor throughout apprenticeship
- Opportunity to teach Community Yoga Classes
- Opportunity to assist mentor’s classes
- Opportunity to assist in other workshops/studio trainings
- Unlimited yoga classes at HYP throughout course of program
- Access to sequencing workshop and hands-on workshop (may happen during or after apprenticeship is complete)
- Attend 6 yoga classes at HYP and provide written reflection/feedback
- Assist mentor 9x throughout apprenticeship
- Arrive 20 minutes before class to set-up room
- Greet students when then enter the class
- Speak to mentor to create plan for assisting
- Assisting may include:
- Doing hands-on throughout class
- Demonstrating in beginner-level classes
- Set-up/Clean-up props for students
- Teach 1 Community “Foundations of Yoga” workshop OR Assist in 3-week Beginner’s Series (*note- assisting opportunities for beginner’s series are limited)
Additional Teaching Opportunities
- Teaching Community Yoga classes as they become available
- Assisting any Yoga-on-the-Pier or larger community events
- Assisting in any HYP workshops or trainings
- *Limited spots available, first come – first serve
- Includes free attendance at workshop
Those interested in apply for the apprentice program may request any Hudson Yoga Project teacher to be their mentor. The mentor will then check their availability to see if they’re able to take on additional apprentices. The Hudson Yoga Project can also recommend a mentor if a specific teacher is not requested.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Apprentice Program Inquiry.